Hi friends! Another day, another iced coffee. So why not post a little coffee talk with y’all? Just some little tid-bits from my week, my thoughts, and whatever else comes to mind (I legit have no outline for this, I’m just stream-of-conciousnessing right now).
Today’s coffee selfie (side note: I am not gr8 at taking selfies).
- Today was my “long run,” but it was also a step back week. Technically my long run this week is supposed to be a 10k race, but considering a) there aren’t many races on Tuesdays (when I like to do my long runs), b) I usually work on weekends when there are races going on, and c) I was too lazy to look up any races anyway, I figured I’d just run a 10k around the neighborhood instead. I ended up doing a bit more than a 10k, about 6.75 miles. I had to take a quick bathroom break right around mile 4 (which I’ve noticed is usually about the time I need a bathroom break), but no walking breaks other than that. I got up later than usual, so I was definitely feeling the heat/humidity by the end of my run, but I got an extra hour of sleep which was probably necessary.
- Speaking of sleep, as an anxious person/someone who has dealt with insomnia on/off since I was like 8 (seriously, I remember being 8 and watching old black and white movies with my mom at like 11 PM because I couldn’t sleep and needed to not be in my bed…I’ve always been a very anxious being), I now have a weird routine I follow when I can’t sleep. Luckily, insomnia only hits me once every couple weeks/once a month right now, but I always get out of bed, go to the couch, watch Food Network (usually an episode of the Pioneer Woman On Demand, Ree Drummond is my spirit animal), and eat a bowl of corn flakes. I’m not sure why this works, but it totally does. Once I finish that bowl of corn flakes and lay down on the couch, I’m out like a light. Maybe it’s bad gal Ree Ree’s soothing voice that sings me to sleep?
Corn Flakes? More like Ambien Flakes (I’ve never actually taken Ambien, that stuff seems intense).
- I’m wearing a cute outfit today (at least imo), so here’s a quick lil OOTD:
Tank: Forever 21, Shorts (which look like a skirt but they’re shorts, so I don’t have to “sit like a lady” in them): ASOS, Sunnies: Forever 21
- Okay, so this humidity is noooot working with my hair. I have the equivalent of “skinny-fat” hair, aka “straight-frizzy” hair. It’s like a tiny bit wavy, but basically straight, yet hellllla frizzy. If you have any de-frizzing products that won’t make my hair look really flat/greasy, send them my way!
- Like, a week ago I went to probably the best ice cream place ever. It’s called Dairy Delight and it’s either in Melrose or Malden, MA (not sure which one, I was visiting a friend in the area and we walked there, I think it’s right on the line?). I digress, it’s amazing, and if you’re ever in the area definitely try it. I mean, look how adorbs the outside is:
If this doesn’t say “we have bomb dot com ice cream,” I don’t know what does.
- Side note: at Dairy Delight I ordered one scoop of coffee oreo and one scoop of PB cup (PB + coffee + ice cream in one bowl, is anything more perfect for me?). I’m assuming this is the food they serve in the Great Beyond (or wherever we go when we die and we were generally a good person, but that’s a post for another day).
From now on, I’m traveling 30 minutes for ice cream.
- I’m weirded out that it’s almost August. Like, I’ve only been to the beach once. I guess that’s what happens when you work all summer so you can save up to move out. Hopefully by next summer I’ll be living in a crappy apartment in the Boston area with my friends, and maybe I’ll be able to get in two beach trips before August. Eyes on the prize Julie, eyes on the prize.
Well, I think that’s all that occupying my brain right now. I really enjoy doing these Coffee Talk posts, it’s a good way to get some of my random thoughts out. Hopefully you’re all enjoying them too (I live for approval).
Questions for you lovely humans:
1. Do you ever have trouble sleeping? Any weird go-to methods that help you finally hit the hay?
2. Just a reminder: if you have any frizzy-hair-fixes send them my way 🙂
3. How do you take your coffee? I like mine really strong, and just skim milk if I’m going iced (which is like 90% of the time), and skim milk + a packet of truvia if I’m gettin’ cray and going for hot coffee.
4. What’s one random thing that’s been occupying your mind lately?