I’m drinking coffee and felt like posting, but didn’t really have one thing I wanted to talk about. Thus, I bring you “Coffee Talk,” basically just some thoughts, updates, and whatnot that are in my brain and I want to share!
Casual Coffee Talk coffee selfie
- I was going to get up at 7 this morning and get my long run (8.5 miles) done before it gets hot (and possibly rainy). I really like getting my workout done in the morning, especially long runs, but 7 AM came and I was not about to get out of bed. Sometimes getting up early to go for a run is no problem (for example: I ran at 6 AM twice last week), and then days like today happen and sleep takes priority. I got up around 9:15 and it was already too hot and humid, so I’m planning on long-running in the evening when it’s not so hot and the streets are shade-covered once again. I feel like I’m actually a stronger runner/work-outer in general later in the day anyway, so maybe this is for the best! Fingers crossed it rains earlier in the day so that (a) it will be less humid and (b) it’s not raining while I run.
- Speaking of long-running, I picked up some new long run fuel yesterday at Whole Foods because I’m down to my last two Gu Chomps (and I’ve found that I’ve been eating at least 3 on my runs). I was planning on trying the Clif Blocks this time, and figured Whole Foods would have them. Apparently, I thought wrong, or wasn’t looking hard enough. Either way, I ended up picking up the orange flavored Pro Bar Bolt Chews. I’ve never heard of them before, but my energy chew choices at Whole Foods seemed pretty limited, so I just went with it.
- I got an A on my first grad school paper and did my first grad school group project/presentation (which I think went pretty well, I suppose my grade is the ultimate sign of that)! I still don’t quite feel like I’m in grad school. My program started this summer with just two online classes, but I’m sure once I actually have physical classes in the fall it will feel much more real. It’s kind of weird being in grad school when all of my friends are getting full-time jobs. In a way I feel like I’m behind, because I’m doing the same thing I did in undergrad: working part-time and taking classes, but hey, I know this is the right path for me.
- I snapped an OOTD picture I figured I’d share with you all. It’s nothing special, but the shirt’s new, so that’s cool I guess?
Shirt: Marshall’s, Shorts: American Eagle, Necklace: Forever 21
- I am ADDICTED to Angie’s Boom Chicka Pop Lightly Sweet Popcorn. I find myself grabbing a handful or two from the bag a few times a day. It’s basically healthy kettle corn. Well, at least, it’s not-as-bad-as-it-could-be kettle corn.
- I know literally nothing about music, other than things I like. Recent music favorites: Florence and the Machine’s new album “How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful.” TBH, I’m only like 4 or 5 songs in, but it’s SO GOOD. Also, my friend Maddie told me to listen to “Teeth White” by The Staves. I’d never heard of them before, but I’m definitely into it.
- I’m going to Not Your Average Joe’s with my friend Colleen for lunch! This really has no bearing on anything, just a quick update/I wanted to share my excitement. Nothing fuels and evening long run better than lunch at your favorite restaurant, right?
Sponsor me, please.
I hope everyone’s day is going swimmingly, and I hope you enjoyed this hodge-podge Coffee Talk. I have a feeling there will be more in the future 🙂
I’ll probably check back in later to update you on my long run, and be on the lookout for a WIAW tomorrow (spoiler alert?)!
Questions for you lovely humans:
1. If you’re in grad school, how is it? Do you feel like you’re in a different spot than a lot of your friends, or are most of your friends in grad school as well?
2. What’s your favorite restaurant?
3. Any fun music recommendations?