Happy Monday! Okay, I realize for most people Monday is not happy, but I just finished a 6-day-in-a-row streak at work (I work as a host at an Italian restaurant, hey, it works with my grad school schedule!) and I have tomorrow off, so today is kind of happy for me!
Even though I was working this weekend, I still had time for non-work things. Here’s some fast facts from my weekend (in no particular order):
- I love pistachio fro-yo from Orange Leaf. I went with my friend Maddie on Friday night and got a big ol’ cup of pistachio (plus some cookie dough bites and an inane amount of chocolate sprinkles). Maddie got a bunch of different flavors, but tbh I’m not a huge fan of mixing flavors, I feel like they all sort of melt together and taste weird.
- Side note: does anyone else think fro-yo is super not filling? I had a pretty solid bowl of fro-yo and could have gone for another big bowl right after. I’m usually satisfied after ice cream, but fro-yo just doesn’t fill me up.
- On Saturday night, I went out with my friend Steph. We headed to the beach to see the fireworks (living like 30 minutes away from the beach is seriously awesome, I can’t wrap my head around not having the beach nearby). We had a couple drinks, watched the fireworks, and then were rudely interrupted by rain. Oh well, now we know for next time what the good bars in the area are! Also, we left in time to get some ice cream at Friendly’s en route home (Reese’s Friend-Z= AMAZING, but also like 1,000 calories. Yolo?)
- I’ve officially decided to move my long runs to Tuesday. Mostly because I usually don’t work on Tuesday and am busiest on Mondays (work in the morning, online grad classes have meetings at night), so I take a rest day. Planning on doing a little foam rolling tonight in preparation for 7.5 miles (!) tomorrow.
- I wrote my first grad school paper! It was due today, so, naturally, I didn’t actually start it until last night. So much for not procrastinating in grad school (I can’t change, even if I tried…)
- I also wrote the bulk of my paper in Starbucks because I can’t concentrate in my house, and the library isn’t open on Sunday. Also, it was a pretty good excuse to treat myself to (half caff) coffee at 7:00 PM.
- Came home from work today to not one, but TWO packages from Amazon. A new yoga mat (so I don’t have to steal my sister’s anymore…thanks Sasa:) ) and a fuel belt with water bottle attachments. I’m gonna look groovy on my run tomorrow.
Immediately opening these babies up as soon as I post this bad boy.
- And last, but certainly not least, THE SUPREME COURT MADE GAY MARRIAGE FEDERALLY LEGAL!!!!!!!! I got home from yoga Friday morning to hear that news and was beyond happy. Gay marriage has been legal in Massachusetts for, like, 10 years or something, but those marriages were never federally recognized until now (and tax benefits of a federally recognized marriage are probably pretty sweet). I have quite a few gay friends who now have the same marriage benefits I do, and that makes me so freaking happy. Good job government, good job.
This weekend has also made me realize I need to get better at taking pictures. I like blog posts with lots of pictures, so that means everyone does, right? Next weekend (4th of July, woohoo!) I’m gonna try not to slack.
Questions for you lovely humans:
1. What was our favorite thing you did this weekend?
2. Are you a fro-yo flavor mixer, or a one-flavor person like myself?
3. Do you have a 9-5 M-F job, or are you like me and have weird shifts (part time job + school life, man)?